You got accepted, now it’s time to sign up for classes. There are three pieces of information you need to know to register: course codes, how to draft your timetable and registering for your courses.

Need help? Have questions? Student Services is here to help. Visit the Student Services office at your nearest campus or call 1-800-715-0914


Courses and programs are being offered digitally, blended and face to face for the upcoming academic year. For a complete overview, please visit xxx

Please talk with an Educational Advisor if need to discuss a course substitution; email or make an appointment online here.  Advisors can help manage this process, which could include a discussion with the department chair.  Formal written approval from the Department Chair is required for this. 

Some ABE courses are continuous entry (they have a “C” in their course code) and are not eligible for registration online through Student Planning.  Registration for these courses can be completed over the phone by calling 1-800-715-0914.

Students must select a section in order to register in a course.  Planning a course will add it to a particular term in Student Planning, but it’s not possible to register for this course unless a section is also planned.

Yes, courses in the fall term will run from September to December.  For the winter term, they will run from January until April. 

You need to progress in your course work and program order to maintain financial aid.  Grades may also have an impact on financial aid.  Each instructor will outline their attendance expectation as part of their course outline.  Please refer specifically to the criteria for online attendance and progression.

Check out the Learn Anywhere webpage for excellent resources.

Yes, you are able to plan and register for university transfer courses using Student Planning available through your myNIC. There are instructional videos to support you with the process on this page under Timetabling. You are also welcome to make an appointment online to meet with an Educational Advisor for assistance.

Information about registration will be sent to your NIC email address once your program deposit is paid. In most cases, students will be registered by NIC if they are in a limited entry program. An example of this would be carpentry. Students register themselves using Student Planning for open programs, like university studies. If you are attempting to register using Student Planning, and are having difficulties, please call 1-800-715-0914. Someone will confirm whether you register directly or whether NIC will register you in your program courses.